Bailey County Electric Programs and Services
For information related to the programs and services we offer, please click on the icon associated to each topic.
Report an Outage
To report an outage, please call 806-272-4504 at any time. Dispatchers are available to take calls 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, 365-days a year. If possible, have your member information available. All of this information, such as member number, account number, meter numbers and name on account, is located on your monthly billing statement. Please be aware that BCEC does not monitor any social media outlets, including the BCEC Facebook page, at anytime to detect outages or emergencies. Members must call in an outage or emergency to the 24-hour a day phone number. Please be aware that during a widespread outage, phone lines can become congested. Please be patient and continue to call back until you are connected with a dispatcher.
BCEC TEMPORARILY CLOSES OFFICE LOBBIES
The safety and well-being of our employees and members is our number-one priority. In response to health concerns prompted by COVID-19 (the coronavirus), Bailey County Electric Cooperative (BCEC) announces measures designed to protect the health of Employees that will allow the cooperative to continue serving our Members. BCEC provides critical services and infrastructure for our service area and we take COVID-19 seriously by performing our due diligence. We are taking every precaution to ensure that our employees are not potentially exposed to, or inadvertently expose others, to COVID-19.
Effective immediately and lasting through April 30, 2020 or until the outbreak diminishes, BCEC will temporarily close our lobbies to walk-in traffic. Our Morton Drive through will remain open. All BCEC employees are available by phone at 806-272-4504.
We offer several methods to make payments.
- Online at www.bcecoop.com
- Phone 806-272-4504
- Mail – PO Drawer 1013, Muleshoe, Texas 79347
- Payment Drop Box in front of our offices
- Drive through window at our Morton, Texas location
We will update our status on our Facebook Page (Bailey County Electric Cooperative) and our website: www.bcecoop.com.
Should you need to report an outage or have any questions, please call our office at 806-272-4504.
Critical Care Program
If you or someone permanently living in your household requires electrical life-sustaining equipment, we encourage you to apply to be enrolled in the BCEC Medical Critical Care Registry. Please follow the application instructions below and submit the required documentation.
1. Contact the BCEC office and request an application for enrollment. Or you can download and print the instructions, application and financial assistance listing provided below. The completed application and required documentation must be submitted in person to the BCEC office.
2. Fill out the application and return it to the BCEC office in person or by mail:Bailey County Electric Cooperative P.O. Drawer 1013 Muleshoe, TX 79347-1013
3. Request an official and original verification of electric necessity from your physician, due to your stated medical condition, and submit to BCEC. After both have been received by BCEC, you will receive a letter notifying you of your enrollment in the registry.
- This form will not be processed if incomplete or unreadable.
- Submission of this application does not automatically result in Medical Critical Care status. Notification of the action taken with regard to this form will be provided to the customer at the mailing address provided.
- Pursuant to the rules of the Public Utility Commission of Texas, designation as a critical care residential customer does not relieve a member of the obligation to pay for electric service, and service may be disconnected for failure to pay or make formal payment arrangements.
- Chronic condition or critical care status does not guarantee an uninterrupted, regular, or continuous power supply. If electricity is a necessity, you must make other arrangements for on-site back-up capabilities or other alternatives in the event of loss of electric service.
Government-In-Action Youth Tour
Each year, BCEC sends students on an all expense paid trip to Washington, D.C., to tour the U.S. Capitol. While in Washington, students tour historical sites, meet with elected officials and attend events hosted by the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), an organization that represents more than 900 electric cooperatives across the nation.
The 2021 Youth Tour will be held June 13 - 22, 2021. Students are required to submit an application and must have completed their sophomore year in high school, or classified as a current junior or senior. Students must have a valid Texas Drivers License or Texas ID and be a United States citizen. If chosen to be a delegate, the student must be about to travel on the specified dates with Cooperative representatives. Delegates may not travel individually nor arrive at a later date or return home early from the trip. Students cannot be older than 19 years of age by May 31, 2021.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 9, 2020 to Bailey County Electric Cooperative, 610 E. American Blvd. in Muleshoe, Texas. Scan and send completed applications to email@example.com by the deadline. Applications returned after the deadline will not be considered. Applications are available at your high school counselor’s office, the main office of BCEC in Muleshoe, Texas or by downloading the application. Click here for the applications and requirements. Interviews will be Sunday, December 13, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. At this time, interviews are scheduled to be held remotely. When applications are received, applicants will be notified of their interview time.
If you have any questions, please contact Suzie Brown or Amy Melendez with BCEC at 806-272-4504 or toll free at (800) 869-7049. For even more information, please visit Texas Electric Cooperatives for more information about Youth Tour.
BCEC Education Scholarships
We believe one of our best investments is in educating the youth of our communities as they become our leaders of tomorrow. BCEC offers annual scholarships to eligible students to assist with expenses at any accredited university, college, junior college, technical school or trade school. Please visit the "Community Tab" located on our top menu bar for eligibility requirements, scholarship application and character reference sheet. The deadline to apply for the 2021 BCEC Scholarship will be announced in early 2021. Scholarships will be awarded by the end of May 2021.
BCEC offers two (2) safety demonstrations: An Arcing Demonstration and a Safety Board Demonstration. These presentations illustrate how dangerous electricity is and instructs on how to stay safe around electricity. To inquire about booking a demonstration, please contact BCEC by calling 806-272-4504.